A Voice for Citizens - A Force for Change
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan, political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
November 8, 2016 Election Information
November 2016 Voter Guide
Calendar for the November 4, 2016 Election:
- August 10 First day to request an absentee ballot
- October 11 Final day to register to vote before election
- October 19 First day of Early Voting period
- November 1 Final day to request an absentee ballot
- November 3 Final day of Early Voting period
- November 8 Election Day
The offices on the ballot in Knox County:
- President and Vice-President of the US
- US House of Representatives, 2nd District
- TN Senate, District 6
- TN House, District 13
- TN House, District 14
- TN House, District 15
- TN House, District 16
- TN House, District 18
- TN House, District 19
- TN House, District 89
All of these are general races. There will most likely be some charter questions from the City of Knoxville as well.
2016 Debate Schedule
- September 26 -
Moderator: Lester Holt, Anchor, NBC Nightly News
Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York
- October 4 -
Vice Presidential Debate
Moderator: Elaine Quijano, Anchor, CBSN and Correspondent, CBS News
Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia
- October 9 -
Moderators: Martha Raddatz, Correspondent and Co-anchor of This Week, ABC and Anderson Cooper, Anchor, CNN
Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- October 19 -
Moderator: Chris Wallace, Anchor, Fox News Sunday
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
For more information about registering to vote, your voting location, what district you're in, absentee ballots, photo ID required, etc.:
November 8, 2016 Election Information
Local Voting Information
Valid Forms of Identification for Voting
Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
- Tennessee driver license with your photo
- United States Passport
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Photo ID issued by the federal or Tennessee state government
- United States Military photo ID
- Tennessee handgun carry permit with your photo
What IDs are not acceptable?
College student IDs and photo IDs not issued by the federal or Tennessee state government are NOT acceptable. This includes county or city issued photo IDs, such as library cards, and photo IDs issued by other states.
If you are unsure or have questions about your photo ID, contact your county election commission or the Division of Elections at 1-877-850-4959.
LWVKKC has a new listserv for email communication to ALL our electronically connected members! Please add this address to your address book/contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org
·Note that where spaces appear in this address, they are actually underlines (league_women_voters_knox...)
·To send a message, simply write to this address.
·If you have multiple email addresses, please be aware that you must send your message using the email address with which you are subscribed to the list.
·To reply to a message from this address, be aware that it will REPLY TO ALL, so please be considerate.
·If you have listserv questions or problems, please contact Lisa Starbuck at email@example.com
Get Out the Vote 2016
The LWV has partnered with AIGI, the Professional Association for Design, to "Get out the Vote for 2016." This year, in partnership for the first time with the League of Women Voters, AIGA will Get Out the Vote by:
- Presenting an online gallery of original, nonpartisan posters for printing and public distribution
- Organizing exhibitions in conjunction with the Republican National Convention (Cleveland, July 2016), Democratic National Convention (Philadelphia, July 2016), and AIGA Design Conference (Las Vegas, October 2016)
- Programming local events throughout the year organized by AIGA chapters and student groups across the country in partnership with League of Women Voters affiliates and other local partners
LWVUS Online Network
Are you interested in the League of Women Voters of Knoxville/Knox County?
Thank you for visiting our website. For more information on what we do, please click on any of the buttons at left. For membership information, please click "Join LWV" or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LWV Membership Brochure
Subscribe to our newsletter